Warning: You are using an outdated browser! Please update your browser or use one of the supported browsers. Further information
Generating Directlinks from the playlist view
A Directlink to a Playlist makes the playlist accessible to users without an ARRI Webgate account.
The Directlink is created for the currently selected watermark item in the playlist. If you wish to create the Directlink for another watermark streaming version, click on "Watermarks" and select the desired streaming watermark version.
Player - generating a Directlink
- Click on "Directlinks" to give people who do not have an ARRI Webgate account temporary access to your media.
- In the "Basic settings" you can give a Directlink a name, to make it easier for you to recognize. If you do not enter a name, the Directlink will automatically be given a name depending on its content.
Using the "Validity" dropdown menu you can determine how long a Directlink is to remain available.
You can then change the validity period afterwards in the Browser screen using the context menu and the Directlink share symbol. A Directlink expires automatically at the end of the validity period.
- You can give the Directlink a password and/or ask to be notified by e-mail if someone accesses the Directlink. You can also have the notification sent to other e-mail addresses, separating these addresses with a comma when you enter them.
Under "Advanced settings" a Directlink can be additionally secured or additional functions enabled. You have the
- Restrict to certain users. You can use the e-mail addresses of the ARRI Webgate users in question, separated by a comma, or select them from a list of users.
- Enable max. usage count.
- Show comments.
- Enable ARRI Webgate users to write comments. Only ARRI Webgate users can use this function. If the recipient of the Directlink does not have an ARRI Webgate account it is possible to create an account through the Directlink. The user will then be able to write comments. Comments are given an additional marking if a user comments via a Directlink and does not have the regular rights to comment on the item. Users with the authorization to write comments can also see other comments.
- Show votes. This displays the results of the votes to the user.
- Enable ARRI Webgate user to vote. Only ARRI Webgate users can use this function. If the recipient of the Directlink does not have an ARRI Webgate account it is possible to create an account through the Directlink. The user will then be able to vote. Users with the authorization to vote can also see the votes of other users.
- In "Playlist options" you can allow the playlist and its source file to be downloaded. You can select a watermark item for the download from the download watermark items rendered.
- Here you can generate a Directlink either to the current clip or the entire playlist.
- If you wish to add a watermark to a Directlink, select the watermark item in advance.